I just tried the new Lively Lemon Cookie from Enjoy Life Foods. What a yummy treat! I was about to create a recipe for a pie crust using these cookies and then I went online to the Enjoy Life Foods website and found that they already have a delicious recipe for pie. I am also planning on using this crust as a base for cheesecake. Here is the recipe that is on their website at www.enjoylifefoods.com. If you go to their website you can print off a coupon for 55 cents off your purchase.
Lemon Pucker Pie (From Enjoy Life Foods website)
(NO: wheat/gluten, peanuts, tree nuts or egg)
1 box Enjoy Life® Lively Lemon cookies, crumbled into small pieces
1/4 cup plus 1 Tbsp. butter or Spectrum shortening
1/2 cup brown rice flour
2 Tbsp. tapioca flour
1 (.25 ounce) pkg. unflavored gelatin
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup water
2 tsp. grated lemon zest
1(12 oz.) pkg. SILKEN FIRM Tofu
1/4 cup plus 3 Tbsp. sugar
1 (10 oz) container frozen Cool Whip (contains casein)*
1 tsp lemon zest (optional)
1) To prepare crust, mix together crumbledcookies, brown rice flour and tapioca flour.
2) With a fork, cut in butter until mixed.
3) Lightly spray a 9″ pie plate. Press crumbs into bottom and sides. Bake for 12 minutes to set the crust.
4) To prepare filling, combine gelatin, sugar, lemon juice and water in a medium saucepan. Stir over medium heat until dissolved,scraping sides if needed. Set aside to cool, about 5 minutes.
5) With a food processor, blender, or hand mixer, beat tofu for 1 minute or until almost smooth. Blend in gelatin mixture. Refrigerate 15 minutes. Mixture will thicken.
6) Break frozen whipped topping into pieces and add to the gelatin/tofu mixture.Process until smooth. Add lemon zest if desired.Spoon filling into the baked crust. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm. Enjoy!Store any remaining piein refrigerator.
*TIP Replace Cool Whip with Tru Whip, an all natural whipped topping withno hydrogenated oils (contains casein and soy).