I had a few extra minutes last night and I thought I would make our fish tacos in flatbread instead of my usual corn tortillas. What a treat! The flatbread was soft, warm and a welcoming addition to our tilapia tacos with mango salsa.
I make my flatbread wraps using Breads from Anna Yeast-Free Bread Mix. I also have a flatbread maker which makes the whole process so easy. It takes me less than three minutes to make the batter and then I make the flatbread while I am preparing the rest of our dinner. You can find flatbread makers here.
I follow the directions on the Breads from Anna website for the flatbread.
Add these wet ingredients to the dry flour blend:
- 3 whole eggs
- 1 3/4 cups of water, milk or non-dairy drink
- 1/3 cup oil (canola, olive, coconut, butter or any other oil you like using)
- Blend well until all lumps are smooth.
- Spoon out 3-4 tablespoons of dough and place onto center of Flatbread maker.
- Close lid and let sit about 2 minutes.
- Place handle down over lid and press down adding pressure to flatten out bread.
- Repeat this 2-3 times in quick succession while adding pressure; you need to do this downward pressure to allow steam to escape.
One package of mix will make approximately 20 pieces of flatbread/wraps.
Dough can be stored in refrigerator for 24 hours and used incrementally.
©2009 Breads From Anna. All rights reserved.