Check out these yummy shish-kebabs from The US Potato Board. You know how I am a fan of their recipes! I love the combo of fresh herbs and lemon in this recipe. The whole skewer smells and tastes like summer.
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs (such as basil, rosemary, marjoram and sage)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- Juice of 1 fresh lemon
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 pound russet potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 (12-oz.) package gluten free chicken sausage, sliced 1/4-inch thick on the diagonal
- 2 ears fresh corn, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 zucchini, sliced 1/4-inch thick on the diagonal
Heat olive oil in a small saucepan until very hot; remove from heat and stir in garlic. Let cool, then stir in herbs, salt, lemon juice and pepper; set aside.
Place potatoes in a medium-size microwave-safe bowl and cover with a lid or plastic wrap. Note: If using plastic wrap, make sure plastic wrap is not touching any ingredients and poke one small hole in cover to vent. Microwave on high for 10 to 12 minutes or until potatoes are tender (cooking time may vary depending on microwave).
Use oven mitts to carefully remove from microwave. When cool enough to handle, cut into large chunks.
Thread potatoes, sausage and vegetables onto skewers. Grill over medium-high heat for about 10 minutes, turning frequently and brushing with a little of the herb mixture during the last few minutes of cooking.
Remove from grill and place on a platter; drizzle with remaining herb mixture!