What do you do with the leftover vegetables from your holiday vegetable tray? I make soup!
We had a party last night and had a lot of vegetables left over from the vegetable tray. I was tired today and thought I’d throw together a batch of soup. You can really use whatever vegetables you have in your refrigerator and/or freezer and just cut them into bite-sized pieces. Here is what I used.
Veggie Tray Soup
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup celery, sliced or diced
- 3 cups baby carrots
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- To cover vegetables water
- 14 oz. can white beans, with liquid
- 2 teapoons dried dill
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 Tablespoon aged balsamic vinegar
- to taste salt and pepper
- Add vegetables to large stock pot.
- Add can of beans including the liquid.
- Cover the vegetables with water and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to a simmer.
- Add dill, oregano, vinegar and salt and pepper. Stir.
- Cover pot. Allow to simmer for at least one hour.
- Serve with a gluten-free baguette or Italian Sausage.