My dear friend Amy Green of Simply Sugar & Gluten Free is having a baby and we (a big group of bloggers) are throwing her a virtual baby shower! You can join in the fun and see what each of us would be making if we were actually getting together for a shower.
We love you Amy and can’t wait to meet your new bundle of joy!!
I’m making my favorite Tomato Panzanella Salad for the shower. I first made this recipe when I was experimenting with recipes using Udi’s bagels. The bagels hold up perfectly for the panzanella croutons.
Here are all the other great friends that are sharing their recipes for the shower.
- Hallie: www.DailyBitesBlog.com
- Maggie: www.SheLetThemEatCake.com
- Alta: www.TastyEatsAtHome.com
- Lexie: www.LexiesKitchen.com
- Kelly: www.TheSpunkyCoconut.com
- Carol: www.SimplyGluten-Free.com
- Cara: www.CarasCravings.com
- Ricki: www.DietDessertndogs.com
- Alisa: www.AlisaCooks.com
- Kim: www.CookItAllergyFree.com/blog
- Silvana: www.SilvanasKitchen.com
- Cybele: www.CybelePascal.com
- Helen: www.MizHelensCountryCottage.blogspot.com
Gluten Free Tomato Panzanella Salad
2 pints grape or cherry tomatoes, cut in half
1/4 cup minced red onion
3 cloves garlic, minced or put through a garlic press
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
juice from one lemon
1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
salt and pepper to taste
Panzanella Croutons (click here to see the recipe)
In a bowl, combine all the ingredients, except the croutons, and combine. Add the croutons and toss well.
Serve immediately. You can refrigerate this if you have to but it is best when served right away.